“I believe in respecting clients by relating to them as truly unique individuals. Rather than focusing on a label or diagnosis, I am passionate about hearing your stories, and understanding where you are coming from, in order to help you foster the life you want to live.” – Jessica Aradas
Jessica is an understanding and passionate psychologist who is committed to providing a warm environment and evidence-based treatments tailored to each individual. Jessica enjoys working collaboratively with clients in order to meet their needs, and enhance their independence.
Jessica has experience in outpatient, inpatient, and day-program settings. She has a special interest in eating disorders and has worked in counselling, research and clinical roles with an eating disorder focus for 7 years including a past position at Northside Clinic.
Jessica sees a range of other presentations, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and trauma. Jessica also has a special interest in working with adolescents and young adults. She has experience working in CAHMS and enjoys helping young persons navigate what can be challenging, identity-forming years.
Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
Masters of Clinical Psychology with Distinction
Western Sydney University
Jessica was awarded a place on the Dean’s Merit List Awards in 2016 and 2017 for outstanding academic achievement throughout her Masters of Clinical Psychology Degree.
- Eating disorders, disordered eating and body image concerns
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders (E.g. Depression, Bipolar)
- Trauma and complex trauma
- Child, adolescent and family presentations
- Feeding disorders
- Substance and alcohol abuse
- Relationship and attachment difficulties
- Emotion regulation difficulties and non-suicidal self-injury
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Family Therapy (including Maudsley Family Based Therapy)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
REGISTRATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Psychology Board of Australia (Reg #PSY0002028734)
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association
- Australian Association for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
Jessica identifies as a scientist-practitioner, and is committed to bridging the evidence base into clinical practice by honouring client’s needs, values and preferences.
Jessica has conducted research at the Peter Beumont Eating Disorders Day Program, exploring both treatment efficacy and consumer-based experiences. Jessica’s most recent research was published in the Journal of Eating Disorders and explored clinician experiences of providing Maudsley Family Based Therapy for adolescent Anorexia Nervosa.