Michelle is a compassionate, respectful and warm psychologist who has worked with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, and with a wide variety of age groups. Her relaxed but focused approach to therapy enables her clients to feel genuinely supported as they develop skills to achieve their goals.
Michelle also has an interest in supporting first responders manage exposure to confronting and traumatic jobs, and has worked as a psychologist with the NSW Police Force for eight years. She understands that emergency work entails unique challenges for both the individual and their loved ones, and is experienced in discussing traumatic jobs and delivering psychological support that is evidence-based for this population.
Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
Diploma of Psychological Practice
Masters of Clinical Psychology
Michelle is a Christian and works with patients who wish to see a psychologist with a shared faith and world view. Michelle is accredited with SIRA to provide services under WorkCover.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders e.g. Depression
- Chronic Pain
- Sleep Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive & Related Disorders including Tic Disorders
- Child Behavioural Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Relationship Issues
- Social skills and assertiveness training
- Working with First Responders
- Parenting and Attachment
- Child and Family Presentations
- Family Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Schema Therapy
- SOS Feeding Therapy
Michelle is a trained facilitator of the following programs:
- Cool Kids Macquarie University anxiety program
Registrations & memberships
- Psychology Board of Australia (Reg #PSY0001142530)
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
Michelle has a passion for working with first responders, and assisting them to build resilience as they are faced with confronting and traumatic work. This interest encouraged her to undertake research exploring the effectiveness of coping strategies in police, working in collaboration with the NSW Police Force.