“I am passionate about helping people of all ages to capitalise on their strengths and develop new skills. If you are hoping to experience a greater quality of life, find some direction, or achieve your goals, it would be a privilege for me to offer you guidance and support.” – Tara Trewartha
Tara is an empathetic psychologist who approaches each client with openness and understanding and without judgement. She assists clients to achieve a greater quality of life through skill development and strategies selected to meet each client’s individual needs.
Tara works with clients of all ages, and has experience in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of concerns. She has worked in community settings, eating disorder outpatient services, university clinics and private practice.
Tara has a strong interest in working with individuals and families affected by diet and body image related concerns. She is passionate about assisting people to develop a healthy mindset that leads to healthy eating behaviours and longlasting wellbeing. Tara also has an interest in working with families, and children who are experiencing behavioural and emotional difficulties.
Bachelor of Science (psychology) Honours
University of New South Wales
Masters of Clinical Psychology
University of Technology Sydney
Tara has a special interest in the following areas:
- Disordered eating and body image concerns
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders (eg. Depression, Bipolar)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Child and Family presentations
- Emotional and behavioural concerns in children
- Time management and organisation skills
- Relationship and attachment difficulties
- Emotion regulation difficulties
- Working with young people who identify as LGBTI
Registrations & Memberships
- Psychology Board of Australia (Reg #PSY0002031683)
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association
Tara is trained and experienced in a range of treatment approaches including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Family Therapy (including Maudsley Family Based Therapy (MFBT))
- Mindfulness Integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (MiCBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
Tara is dedicated to providing treatment that is consistent with the latest clinical research. Tara has undertaken research in a range of areas in psychology, including exercise and depression, stigma toward obesity, eating behaviour, and research relating to addiction.